Saturday, August 25, 2007

Enroute to IRAQ (one stow-away)


I will be outbound as of 0430 Saturday morning. Our trip will take an unprecendented 48+ hours to complete. My gear consists of one M4 (rifle), one M9 (pistol), one pelican case for a computer and narcotics, one seabag for my flak and kevlar with attachments, one ruck sack with medbag attached, and one carry-on bag (assault/day pack). I will entertain estimates of total weight. I will be weighed with all gear at the airport.

I am curious as to whether the pilot will force me to throw out any liquids over 2 oz and all of my medical instruments as well as my injectable medications, while at the same time allowing me to board with an M4 and M9.

Many thanks to and much respect for HMCM Foster, as he will be on deck to see off our team.

Very respectfully,
HM2 (FMF) Valtrex

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Rough Calculation, I am guessing 168lbs of gear, probably way off. I am also betting you will be interrogated about all of your needles, especially if you face TSA personnel.

With all your gear, I am sure they would never notice your stowaway, but 48 hours without a diaper change might give her away.

Hope you have a safe flight.

K said...

I'm guessing 200 pounds over your weight.

Liz said...

This is like guessing how many jelly beans are in the glass. I love that game even though I have never won. This time I have an inside source, I'll win for sure. I guess

Liz said...

hey, what happened to the rest of my comment. Mr. Anderson are you sensoring me?!!!! No dinner for you tonight!

High-dee said...

I will go with 275lbs more than your body weight assuming those bags are empty and you are not carrying any ammo... : )